Sunday, 18 December 2011

For starters.





I know that there are a lot of food blogs out there. How do I know? Because I read them. Religiously. 




In this day and age it is something of a stereotype (especially for women) to wax lyrical about how they "live to eat" or how "food has changed their life" or some other boring clich√© that leads you to immediately form opinions about said person, but hey, I can't help it. Indulge me.  

So what kind of person does this make me? I like to think an intriguing one, someone you would like to hang out with (preferably at a restaurant or somewhere providing edible fare), but, if anything, I would at least like to be known as someone who knows a thing or two about food. Because, trust me, I do. 

When I'm not eating (something of a rarity, ask anyone...), you may find me inhaling copious amounts of food-related programmes on TV, oh-ing and ah-ing over a glossy cookbook, licking raw batter intended for cookies guiltily off my fingers, daydreaming about what's for dinner, or, most likely, having a nice little lie down after eating too much food (an easy mistake, it can happen to anyone. It just seems to happen to me a lot.)  


As well as being the food editor of Palatinate, Durham University's newspaper, a.k.a. the best extra curricular I have ever partaken in - whenever I want to eat something I find myself being able to justify it by nodding knowingly and pulling out the phrase "I'm actually doing research - I might just want to write an article about this...", I have decided, at 2:56am, seeing as Food Network has just finished its last programme of the night, I may as well start this blog  - mainly for my own sanity, as well as the sanity of my friends and loved ones, who I suspect are getting more than slightly sick of my constant gourmet-related blathering, but also, hopefully, to amuse a handful of fellow foodies. 

So here it is. A blog. On food. Recipes, restaurant reviews, edible discoveries, media recommendations, recipe book gems, and just general food musings. My gourmet bites (if you will). 

Bon apetit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment